Saturday, July 16, 2005

Getting ready

This is Joyce checking in, one of two silent friends, or as I prefer to be known: unprogrammed. =) It is intriguing to me that spell-check does not recognize that word. Coincidence? I don't think so.

I've been doing many things to get ready for the trip, but now that I know Aimee is bringing her world-famous pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, don't let the others fool you, I will be able to devote more time to preparing. My current preparatory activities include: packing, brushing up on my Spanish, "helping" Chrissy practice Swahili (sana means "very") and a few horseback riding lessons (one must be prepared to ride on the Scottish moors). I also hope to read George Fox's journal this next week, work on translations for the World Gathering and make time each day to be with God.

I have the pleasure of helping to coordinate youth activities during the annual gathering of Friends who belong to Northwest Yearly Meeting (NWYM) in Oregon, Idaho and Washington. This gathering takes place in one week (last week on July this year)and I'll be spending most of the next week getting ready for it. I feel very blessed to be a part of this gathering, and look forward to sharing the World Gathering with NWYM, and NWYM with the World Gathering.

No comments: