Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Packing

Yesterday and today I've been packing. I don't want to check any luggage and I'm trying to pack light so that I don't have to carry too much around England. I decided to take just my Trager back pack that I've had since my junior year of highschool. I was amazed by just how much I could fit in: 2 skirts, 3 pants, 2 pairs of shoes, 5 pairs of socks, 7 shirts, a Bible, sm. towel and washrag, rain jacket, plus a variety of other necessary items.

Unfortunately there are still a couple of things that I need to take. Maybe I can convince Joyce that she has room for them:) After all, she's the one who volunteered us to possibly take 50 world gathering t-shirts over. I don't mind taking them, but if I end up having to carry them around London, I won't be happy.

One thing that makes me verry happy is that my passport was waiting for me when I got home from Yearly Meeting early Saturday morning. I was so glad that it hadn't gotten lost or something. Of course, I went straight to the Library to make copies of it. It wasn't until later that night, after the library was closed, that I relized my passport was still in the copier. Luckily someone turned it in to the desk, and I was able to pick it up on Monday.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Only a backpack! Wow, I'm inspired. I'm planning on a backpack and a little suitcase I have that's a little bigger than a backpack. But then, I'm hoping to bring home a ton of tea. =)